SensiMIX: HRM Kits
SensiMix HRM Kit
Cat No. Size Conc.
QT805-02 2x 250 Reactions
QT805-05 2x 500 Reactions
QT805-20 2x 2000 Reactions
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for Bulk, Custom & OEM services.
Features and Benefits
* Cost effective: method is less expensive and as sensitive as probe-based methods, making it ideal for large scale genotyping projects
* Simple and reproducible: powerful genotyping can be performed by non-geneticists in any laboratory with access to an HRM capable real-time PCR machine
* Sensitive: detects class 4 (A/T) SNP mutations
* Convenient: with optimized protocols, reliable assays can quickly and reliably be established, even with genomic loci that are difficult to amplify
Roche LightCycler® 480 and the Corbett Rotor-GeneTM 6000 (See product selection table).
High Resolution Meltcurve (HRM) analysis characterizes nucleic acid samples based on their dissociation behavior. It combines the principle of intercalating dyes, meltcurve analyses and the application of specific statistical analyses
HRM uses the fundamental property of the separation of the two strands of DNA with heat (melting), and the monitoring of this melting with a fluorescent dye. The SensiMix HRM Kit employs a 3rd generation saturating dye that does not inhibit PCR at high concentrations and has been validated for use on the Roche LightCycler® 480 and the Corbett Rotor-Gene™ 6000.
Melting temperature of a dsDNA target depends on GC content, length, and sequence. Due to the high sensitivity of HRM dyes, even a single base change will induce differences in the melting curve, and consequently in fluorescence. Main applications of HRM include Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) genotyping, epigenetics (DNA methylation analysis), zygosity testing (DNA mapping and DNA fingerprinting) and gene scanning (search for the presence of unknown variations in PCR amplicons).
QT805-02: 250 x 25µl Reactions: 5 x 625µl
QT805-05: 500 x 25µl Reactions: 10 x 625µl
QT805-20: 2000 x 25µl Reactions: 40 x 625µl
2x Reaction mix consisting of:
* Heat-activated DNA polymerase
* Ultra-pure dNTPs
* MgCl2 (6mM)
* Proprietary buffers and stabilisers
Plus separate vials of:
* EvaGreen™ dye
* 50mM MgCl2
The kit size is based on a 25µl final reaction volume.
6 months at -20°C. Avoid exposure of the EvaGreen™ to light.
1. Chana W-F. et al. Journal of Microbiological Methods 77(3): 326-329 (2009)
2. Andriantsoanirina V. et al. Journal of Microbiological Methods 78(2): 165-170 (2009)
3. FitzGerald L.M. et al. The Prostate 68(13): 1373-1379 (2008)
4. Helen E. et al. Clinical Chemistry 53(11): 1960-1975 (2007)