GENTAUR Belgium BVBA BE0473327336
Voortstraat 49, 1910 Kampenhout BELGIUM
Tel 0032 16 58 90 45
GENTAUR U.S.A Genprice Inc 6017 Snell Ave, Ste 357, SanJose, CA 95123
Tel (408) 780-0908, Fax (408) 780-0908, email@example.com
#DIMG-250 QuantiChrom™ Magnesium Assay Kit
Product name : QuantiChrom™ Magnesium Assay Kit
Catalog number : DIMG-250
Supplier name : Bioassays
Data sheet: Ask more or other datasheet now !
About this Product :QuantiChrom™ Magnesium Assay Kit antibody storage GENTAUR recommends for long therm storage to freeze at -24 C. For short time storage up to 30 days we suggest fridge storage at 1 to 10 C. Prevent multiple freeze taw cycles of QuantiChrom™ Magnesium Assay Kit.
More Details about
QuantiChromTM Magnesium Assay Kit (DIMG-250)
Quantitative Colorimetric Magnesium Determination at 500 nm
Magnesium (Mg) is one of the most abundant and essential minerals in mammals. Magnesium is involved in more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body and plays important roles in muscle and nerve functions, heart rhythm, immune system and bone formation. Magnesium deficiency may lead to nausea, fatigue, muscle contractions, hypocalcemia and hypokalemia.
Simple, direct and automation-ready procedures for measuring magnesium concentration in biological samples are becoming popular in Research and Drug Discovery. BioAssay Systems' magnesium assay kit is designed to measure magnesium directly in biological samples without any pretreatment. A calmagite dye in the kit forms a colored complex specifically with magnesium. The intensity of the color, measured at 500 nm, is directly proportional to the magnesium concentration in the sample. The optimized formulation minimizes interference by potential substances.
- Sensitive and accurate. Use as little as 5 μL sample. Linear detection range 0.1 mg/dL (41μM) to 3 mg/dL (1.2 mM) Mg2+ in 96-well plate assay.
- Simple and high-throughput. The procedure involves addition of two reagents and measuring OD500nm. Can be readily automated as a highthroughput assay for thousands of samples per day.
- Improved reagent stability and versatility. The optimized formulation has greatly enhanced reagent and signal stability. Cuvet or 96-well plate assay.
- Low interference in biological samples. Assays can be directly performed in serum and urine samples.
- Direct Assays: Mg2+ in serum, urine and deproteinated samples (e.g.milk) etc.
- Drug Discovery/Pharmacology: effects of drugs on Mg2+ metabolism.
- Food and Beverages: Mg2+ determination.
- Environment: Mg2+ determination in water and soil.
KIT CONTENTS (250 tests in 96-well plates)
Reagent A: 25 mL
Reagent B: 25 mL
EDTA Solution: 2 x 1.5 mL
Standard: 1 mL 10 mg/dL Mg2+
Storage conditions. The kit is shipped at room temperature. Store Reagent and Standard at 4°C.
Shelf life: 12 months after receipt.
Precautions: reagents are for research use only. Normal precautions for laboratory reagents should be exercised while using the reagents.
Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for detailed information.
Prepare enough working reagent by combining equal volumes of Reagent A and Reagent B. Equilibrate to room temperature before use.
Procedure using 96-well plate:
1. Dilute Standard to 2 mg/dL by mixing 40 μL 10 mg/dL Standard with 160 μL distilled water. Transfer 5 μL diluted standard and samples in duplicate to wells of a clear bottom plate. Diluted standard can be
stored at 4°C for future use.
2. Add 200 μL working reagent and tap plate to mix thoroughly.
3. Incubate 2 min at room temperature and read optical density at 500nm (OD for sample and standard).
4. Add 10 μL EDTA Solution to all sample wells and tap plate to mix thoroughly. Incubate 2 min and read OD at 500nm (OD for blanks).
Procedure using cuvette:
1. Set up test tubes and transfer 25 μL diluted Standard and samples to appropriately labeled tubes.
2. Add 1000 μL working reagent and vortex to mix. Incubate 2 min.
Transfer to cuvet and read OD500nm. Add 50 μL EDTA solution, mix well, incubate 2 min and read OD500 nm.
Magnesium concentration of the sample is calculated as ODSAMPLE and ODBLANK are OD500nm values of sample before and after the addition of EDTA. ODMG and ODMGBLANK are OD500nm values
of the standard (2 mg/dL) before and after the addition of EDTA.
Conversions: 1 mg/dL Mg2+ equals 411 μM, 0.001% or 10 ppm.
MATERIALS REQUIRED, BUT NOT PROVIDED
Pipeting devices and accessories (e.g. 5 μL).
Procedure using 96-well plate:
Clear bottom 96-well plates (e.g. Corning Costar) and plate reader.
Procedure using cuvette:
Cuvets and spectrophotometer for measuring OD500nm.
1. EDTA and other Mg2+ chelators interfere with this assay. This assay can not be applied to plasma samples obtained with EDTA.
2. Sample pretreatment: for milk and other lipid/protein-rich samples, mix equal volumes of sample and 10% trichloroacetic acid (Sigma Cat# T6399). Incubate 5 min at room temperature and pellet precipitates for 2 min at 14,000 rpm in a table centrifuge. Assay the supernatant (dilution factor = 2) using the above procedure.
Samples were assayed in duplicate using the 96-well plate protocol.
The Mg2+ values (mg/dL) were 1.64 ± 0.04 (rat serum), 1.77 ± 0.02 (human serum), 2.41 ± 0.5 (goat serum), 2.80 ± 0.14 (Invitrogen fetal bovine serum).
. Kim, T. et al (2006). Rapid production of milligram quantities of proteins in a batch cell-free protein synthesis system. J. Biotechnol. 124(2): 373-383.
. Stippler, M. et al (2007). Serum and cerebrospinal fluid magnesium in severe traumatic brain injury outcome. J.Neurotrauma. 24(8): 1347-1354.
. Pratihar, S. et al (2009). Increased serum magnesium and calcium and their regulation during hibernation in the Indian common toad, Duttaphrynus melanostictus. South Am. J.Herpetology 4(1): 51-54.
Contact us about this product :
Our team will respond you as soon as possible !
52062 Aachen Deutschland
Support Karolina Elandt
Fax: (+49) 241 56 00 47 88
Logistic :0241 40 08 90 86
IBAN lautet DE8839050000107569353
Handelsregister Aachen HR B 16058
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer *** DE 815175831
firstname.lastname@example.org | Gentaur
Genprice Inc, Logistics
547, Yurok Circle
San Jose, CA 95123
Tel (408) 780-0908,
Fax (408) 780-0908,
Genprice Inc, Invoices and accounting
6017 Snell Ave, Ste 357
San Jose, CA 95123
Canada Montreal +15149077481
Ceská republika Praha +420246019719
Finland Helsset +358942419041
Magyarország Budapest +3619980547
US New York+17185132983
WP1004: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP1121: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP1341: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP147: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP1689: Porphyrin and chlorophyll metabolism
WP407: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP548: neural crest development
WP774: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
WP886: Kit Receptor Signaling Pathway
Related Genes :
 Comparison of Lung Clearance Index and Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Assessment of Lung Disease in Children With Cystic Fibrosis.
 Blood Pressure and Hypertension in Adults Permanently Living at High Altitude: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
 On the thermodynamics and kinetics of superheated fluorocarbon phase-change agents.
 A Smart-Home System to Unobtrusively and Continuously Assess Loneliness in Older Adults.
 Mark Hertling, SVP Lieutenant General, US Army (Ret.): A Voice at the Table-Training Physician Leaders.
 Patients' perspectives and preferences in the choice of inhalers: the case for Respimat(®) or HandiHaler(®).
 The emerging role of AMPK in the regulation of breathing and oxygen supply.
 Common Variants Confer Susceptibility to Barrett's Esophagus: Insights from the First Genome-Wide Association Studies.
 Extramedullary Disease in Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia Is Common but Lacks Independent Significance: Analysis of Patients in ECOG-ACRIN Cancer Research Group Trials, 1980-2008.
 Radiocarbon Dating.
Enter catalog number :