Product name : Caspase-2 Substrate VDVAD-pNA; Appearance Liquid
Catalog number : 1072-200
Quantity: 200 assays
Supplier name : Biovis
Data sheet : Ask more or other datasheet now !
STORAGE: Store at –20°C, protected from light. Stable for 6 months
MOL. WEIGHT: 679.0
PURITY: >98% by HPLC analysis
Ready-to-use colorimetric substrate for caspase-2/Ich-1 and related caspases that recognize the amino acid sequence VDVAD. Caspase-2 and related caspase activity can be quantified by detection of free pNA after cleavage from the peptide substrate VDVAD-pNA at OD405 nm using a spectrophotometer or plate reader. The ready-to-use caspase substrate provides an economic alternative for researchers who perform large amount of caspase assays.
1. Induce apoptosis in cells by desired method. Concurrently incubate a control culture without induction.
2. Count cells and pellet 1-5 x 106 cells.
3. Resuspend cells in 50 μl of chilled Cell Lysis Buffer (Cat.# 1067-100) and incubate cells on ice for 10 minutes.
4. Centrifuge for 1 min in a microcentrifuge (10,000 x g).
5. Transfer supernatant (cytosolic extract) to a fresh tube and put on ice.
6. Assay protein concentration.
7. Dilute 50-200 μg protein to 50 μl Cell Lysis Buffer for each assay.
8. Add 50 μl of 2X Reaction Buffer (Cat.# 1068-20, -80) containing 10 mM DTT (Cat.# 1201-1) to each sample.
9. Add 5 μl of the 4 mM of VDVAD-pNA (200 M final conc.) and incubate at 37°C for 1-2 hour.
9. Read samples at 400- or 405-nm in a microtiter plate reader, or spectrophotometer using a 100-μl micro quartz cuvet (Sigma), or dilute sample to 1 ml with Dilution Buffer (Cat.#1066-100, -500) and using regular cuvet (note: Dilution of the samples proportionally decreases the reading).
You may also perform the entire assay directly in a 96-well plate. Fold-increase in caspase activity can be determined by comparing these results with the level of the uninduced control.
Note: Background reading from cell lysates and buffers should be subtracted from the readings of both induced and the uninduced samples before calculating fold increase in caspase activity.
Apoptosis Detection Kits & Reagents
Cell Fractionation System
Cell Proliferation & Senescence
Cell Damage & Repair
Adipocyte & Lipid Transfer
Molecular Biology & Reporter Assays
Growth Factors and Cytokines
Monoclonal and Polyclonal Antibodies
Our team will respond you as soon as possible !